About School of Computer Engineering
With the explosion of information and ever increasing demand for computational sophistication in a networked world, the School of Computer Engineering aims to impart cutting-edge skills through teaching, research & development, industrial consultancy, in frontier areas of Computer Science, Communication Engineering, System Engineering & Information Technology. The well-qualified faculty members endeavour to impart understanding of fundamental concepts, with a view to lay a strong foundation to help assimilate continual changes in the dynamic field; train in current technologies to be employable in the industry; train to connect theory with application; develop analytical, problem solving and product design skills; motivate to take up careers in research and development as well as in academics and develop entrepreneurship abilities with a view to becoming self-reliant.
The School has strategically partnered with industry to update its syllabus, introduce industry based electives and facilitate students’ internship at industry for skill development. It has established Centre of Excellence in collaboration with industry for various research and training purposes. The value addition training and career augmentation services prepare the students to meet expectations of industry demands. The syllabi of UG programs in diverse areas of Computer Science include core subjects as well as electives under department, institute, open and industry category. Apart from conducting high quality, innovative and continually updated UG and PG courses, the School is engaged in research in frontier areas.
Research focus of the School includes Algorithms & Theory of Computation, Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Cloud Computing, Database & Data Mining, Data Analytics, Human Computer Interaction, Information & Network Security, Internet Technology, Image Processing, Mobile Computing, Pattern Recognition, Program Analysis and Testing, Parallel & Distributed Computing, Real Time Systems, Service-Oriented Architecture, Soft Computing, Software Engineering, and Wireless Sensor Networks.
The state-of-the-art facilities of the School include adequate number of air conditioned classrooms, laboratories, conference hall, reading rooms and round the clock library with journals, e-resources, multilingual news papers, divergent magazines and around 14000 books. The digital library has access to a large number of databases related to interdisciplinary subjects including the core subjects of sc ience and technology.
- To produce quality engineering graduates by imparting quality education and research in the field of computer science and information technology in order to respond swiftly the challenges of 21st century.
- To provide quality professional education in science and technology in fields relating to computer science and information technology that enable students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems.
- To provide a platform for students that helps students to inculcate event management skills and entrepreneurial skills.
- To create an ambience that helps students realizing social responsibilities and values of professional ethics.
- To conduct research in advanced and application-oriented arena relating to computer and information science involving students with promote on continuous learning.
- To establish strong bonding with globally leading industries.