About School of Computer Engineering
The School of Computer Engineering strives to provide quality professional education in science and technology in fields relating to computer science and information technology that enable students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems. It also aims to establish strong bonding with globally leading industries. The school offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programmes in various specializations of Computer Sc. and Engineering.
Listed below are the salient features:
- The School of Computer Engineering imparts cutting-edge skills through teaching, R&D and industrial consultancy, in frontier areas of Computer Science, Communication Engineering, Systems Engineering and Information Technology.
- The well-qualified faculty members ensure understanding of fundamental concepts with a view to lay a strong foundation.
- Students are trained in current technologies, analytical problem solving and product design skills to be employable in the industry.
- The pedagogy is designed such that students are able to connect theory with application and motivated to applying the same in furthering their careers.
- The School has strategically partnered with industry to update its syllabus, introduce industry based electives and facilitate students’ internship at industry for skill development.
- It has established Centre of Excellence in collaboration with industry for various research and training purposes.
- The value addition training and career augmentation services prepare students to meet expectations of industry demands.
- The syllabi of UG programs in diverse areas of Computer Science include core subjects as well as electives under department, institute, open and industry categories, subjects including the core subjects of science and technology.
The state-of-the-art facilities of the School include adequate number of air conditioned classrooms, laboratories, conference hall, reading rooms and round the clock Library with Journals, e-resources, multilingual news papers, divergent magazines and around 15000 books. The digital library has access to a 11 large number of databases related to interdisciplinary subjects including the core subjects of science and technology.
To produce quality engineering graduates by imparting quality education and research in the field of computer science and information technology in order to respond swiftly the challenges of 21st century.
- To provide a platform for students that helps students to inculcate event management skills and entrepreneurial skills.
- To create an ambience that helps students realizing social responsibilities and values of professional ethics.
- To conduct research in advanced and application-oriented arena relating to computer and information science involving students with promote on continuous learning.
- To establish strong bonding with globally leading industries.